Friday, February 18, 2011

I got a tablet!















This is my first attempt at using a tablet in Flash class. I was so enamored of the experience that I went and bought my own (Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch for $70).
This was animated on twos (in Flash one can just set the frame-rate to 12) and is in fact also my first attempt at animating a character of my own. One problem is that he gets smaller towards the end. Another is that I first did the animation on one layer that was very sketchy. Then I made a layer above it and planned to do more refined drawings on top of the sketchy one. I did that for a few frames, came back to it a few days later, and then started where I left off except I started doing the clean drawings in the layer the sketchy drawings were in. This made coloring a lot of the frames a pain. Having to use the paint bucket tool for all those little spaces the sketches made was time consuming. That's why you can still see the sketchy layer in the background; it's all intertwined together. Something to be careful with next time.

Here's another one:














I do these in class between our exercises (and maybe sometimes when I should be listening to the teacher...). I'm still getting used to all of this.

No comments: