Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Trip to the Vitamin Section

I went to the vitamin section at Henry's the other day and was intrigued by the multitude of designs and illustrations in the children's section.

Good:

Fun, cartoony design. It looks like it's ready to be claymated which adds more charm.

Good:

Minimalist design makes the kid in me think, "Kinda boring," but it makes the design side of me think, "Cool (i.e. modern), clear, and appealing." The design side wins.

Good:

These are some of my favorites. Look at the octopus! So full of life and happiness! Big eyes and pupils are a plus always.

Bad:

Reminds me of Pokemon in the worst sense. Cold, insincere, lame. Belongs back in '98.

Good:

This was probably uncool at some point but they stuck with it for so long that now it's cool again. Taking it to the '80s is always cool.

Bad:

Again, cold, lifeless, no clear and defined shapes. Mushy. Lack of emotion. Bland.

???:

I'm not sure where this falls. It's kind of scary. In that case, I think I'll side with good.

No comments: