Monday, November 29, 2010

T-Shirt Design

My best friend Kyle's former room-mate from college asked me if I could do a design for a T-shirt that conveyed the concept of the id, ego, and super-ego for his psychology class. He wanted the ego to be in the middle saying, "So I'm having trouble balancing my life" to a psychologist.

The room-mate originally wanted the super-ego to be a superhero but I made him more of an up-tight moralist, raising his dainty nose in disgust to the barbarism sitting with him on the couch. He was going to stick his tongue out but it felt too immoral and in bad taste, something that the super-ego would never condone.
I first thought about having the id be represented by a burly caveman but then started to think of using a child because children only think of themselves.



But I decided a caveman would be more visually interesting so I opted for that again.
I also put a little Freud reference in with the cigar.

And that's it:

No comments: